Friday, September 8, 2017

First Grade

Keaton started first grade on Wednesday, September 6th.  He has two teachers who work part time.  Ms. Phan/Mrs. Young.  Most the kids from his kindergarten class have the other teacher.  But he does sit right next to his buddy, Cash, in class.  I'm not sure how long they will sit next to each other before the teacher's separate them.

Keaton seems to adjust to school very well.  This year he wouldn't let me take him to school and didn't want me to get out of the car at the bus stop.  I'm glad he was able to find his classroom because I wasn't sure he could.  I hope this year goes great for him!  I hope he continues to like school and learning.


The day before school we went to a trampoline place where he loves to play dodge ball.  Even Nolan is brave enough to play with the bigger kids (he's always the littlest kid playing).

 Then we went out for ice cream.

I don't remember how this all started but I tied up Keaton's arms, taping a water bottle to him so he had something to drink.  I put on his backpack and took him to his bus stop where I was going to leave him until school started the next day.  Once we got to the bus stop he didn't think it was very funny anymore. Of course I never would leave him but I do joke all the time that I'm going to pack snacks and drop him off at school/bus stop where he he'll have to wait till school starts.


Nolan has been kind of silly since Keaton started school.  He wanted to have an Easter egg hunt using a Halloween basket.  We had another one for Keaton later that evening.


He's been dressing up a lot....ninja turtle costume, avengers mask, Minecraft hat, shields, swords. Luckily TJ got home early that day because right when we were leaving the house to get Keaton Nolan peed in the costume.  So I was able to leave him with Dad to clean up.






No comments:

Post a Comment